Wheatgrass is the young grass of the common wheat plant called Triticum aestivum.
Wheatgrass usually consumed as a fresh juice, but it also comes in powdered form.
Fresh wheatgrass juice is considered to be a living food, so I will recommend to use only fresh wheatgrass not in Powdered form.
You can use it as an everyday health tonic and as pure Wheatgrass Juice, even with the combination with some other vegetables; such as-Cucumber, Zucchini, Baby Spinach, Broccoli, Coriander, Celery etc.
It can be grown and prepared at home in Soil, in Pots and even in Water also.
To grow your own Wheatgrass is the best way to consume it fresh and save your Money at the same time. Growing it is so easy. Even you don’t have land to grow it, still you can grow Wheatgrass in pots, stacks. Not only this, you can Grow it in water also.
Healing benefits of Wheatgrass
- Eliminate toxins from our Body: The nutrients in wheatgrass aid the body Trusted Source in getting rid of impurities and stored toxins. For example, the chlorophyll aids in detoxing the body and helps support healthy liver function. Once your body is cleansed, you can see an increase in energy levels and overall good health
- Helps to lower your blood pressure: You can lower your blood pressure by consuming wheatgrass. The chlorophyll molecule is similar to hemoglobin and increases blood cell count. This helps to normalize blood pressure.
- Wheatgrass juice contains up to 70% Chlorophyll, which is an important blood builder. The chlorophyll molecules closely resemble that of the hemin molecule, the pigment which combines with protein to form hemoglobin. The major difference is the chlorophyll molecule contains magnesium as its central atom, and the hemin molecule contains iron. The molecular structure of these two substances is almost identical in all other respects.
- Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables.
- Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even helps to remove scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet, of course, must be improved at the same time.
- Wheatgrass is gluten-free because it’s cut before the grain forms
- Some studies have shown that wheatgrass acts as an antioxidant because of it contains vitamins A, C, and E.
- Some animal studies have found that wheatgrass may help keep blood sugar levels under control.
- Wheatgrass provides a concentrated amount of nutrients, including iron, calcium, magnesium, amino acids, chlorophyll, and vitamins A, C and E.
- If you have a few pounds to lose, wheatgrass helps to lose weight
- Wheatgrass is highly alkaline and high in nutrients, making it the perfect tool for a detox.
- Improving eyesight, particularly night vision
Not only does chlorophyll boost the immune system, it also helps to increase oxygen supply in your body’s cells and tissues, contributing to cell regeneration, which heals the body and reduces fatigue symptoms.
Side Effects of Wheatgrass Juice
Some people experience nausea or constipation after consuming wheatgrass, perhaps due to its high fiber content. Even I don’t like its taste if I drink it pure, so I mix it with other Vegetables.
How to make more Tasty Wheatgrass Juice?
Wheatgrass is often used for juicing.
Mixing raw wheatgrass with the combining of other vegetables; such as Broccoli, Baby Spinach, Zucchini, Cucumber makes a really healthy Green Juice for morning.
How I Prepare Wheatgrass Juice?
Ingredients I use to make tasty Juice
Use all vegetables according to the requirement or your own taste.
- Baby Spinach
- At home Squeezed lemon Juice
- Pink Salt
Preparation of Juice
- Blend everything in Blender – Broccoli, Baby Spinach, Cucumber, Zucchini + Add 1/2 glass big drinking water
- Blend for 2 minutes
- Now strain it with strainer and add lemon juice and Pink salt
- Drink this healthy Green fresh homemade Juice and get so many benefits by drinking it regularly
Best Time to Drink Wheatgrass Juice?
The best time to drink Wheatgrass juice is morning, in between 8 to 9 A.M as first thing in the morning.
If you want you can drink water before it. I drink water then almost after two hours I take my fresh homemade green juice.
Then don’t eat anything else at all at least for an hour or even for two hours.
Then you can eat healthy homemade breakfast; such as Khichdi, Missi Roti with Any homemade fresh Sabzi and homemade plain Yogurt.