Women in China, Japan, and Southeast Asia have used rice water as a hair treatment for many centuries.
Basically when Rice are cooked or soaked, then the water, which is let, it becomes starchy. It is believed that this water makes the hair smooth and shiny, as well as helps the hair to grow faster.
Rice water contains many of the vitamins and minerals contained in rice. And they are amino acids, B Vitamins, Vitamin E and Minerals.
The Yao women, who live in a village called Huangluo in China, are famed for having hair that averages 6 feet long and even more.
How to make & Apply Rice Water for fast hair growth?
Rice water for hair growth is centuries old.
“Rice water rinses for hair are an ancient tradition that was used for hundreds of years in East Asian countries,” according to consultant dermatologist Dr Sharon Wong, who specialises in hair health.
Women in the Heian period in Japan, (794 AD) who had very very long hair, attributed this to bathing the hair in rice water. The practice was also adopted by the Yao women in Huangluo in China, who again credited their incredibly long hair.
Rice Recipes for Hair growth
- Soaked Rice water for Hair: I used and tried this recipe only and love it. So below is the recipe.
- Take 4 spoons of uncooked white rice
- Soak rice in a glass or steel container that has the lid with 2–3 cups of water
- Leave to soaked rice for at least overnight at room temperature or even for up to 2 days
- Strain the rice water into a clean bowl to use
Question: Does rice water grow your hair?
Answer: Regular use of rice water has many benefits for hair – it helps to remove dandruff, strengthen the strands, stimulate their growth, give vitality, and significantly improve their appearance. So through my own 7 days experiment by using it regularly for seven days, I will say, yes, means rice water helps to grow hear healthy and shiny.
How to use rice water for Hair?
Written Instructions to use Rice water:-
Rice water can replace a commercial shampoo. You don’t have to wash your hair with any shampoo. Just follow the below steps that I have used continuously for 7 days.
Milky white starchy water, which is left behind after soaking rice, can be used to apply on hair and scalp. The water derived from soaking rice unsurprisingly contains starch, a complex carbohydrate, which coats the hair and makes it shiny and glossy but also acts as a humectant to hydrate the scalp and hair.
- Massage the rice water into the hair and scalp thoroughly
- Leave on for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse hair thoroughly using warm water from the tap. Personally I’m using warm water in the beginning and then I use Cold water to take my shower and bath my hair.
- When you use rice water daily in the beginning, then you don’t have to use a lot of shampoo
- If you use rice water once a week only, then any Natural shampoo(which have natural ingredients) can be used very little shampoo
- When your hair are dry, then you can apply hair oil(coconut oil) or any other oil; such as Jasmine hair oil on your hair and scalp.