Who don’t like Khichdi?
I think we all like Khichdi, because it is not only easy to make, but also so healthy to eat. Khichdi can be eaten in all ages from Kids to youngsters.
There are many ways to make Khichdi; such as you can make Quinoa Khichdi, Moong Dal Khichdi and here in this recipe, you’ll learn to make split moong dal khichdi.
Nutritional facts: Khichadi is a rich source of fiber and is light & easy to digest.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup Rice
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup chopped potatoes
- ½ cup soaked Yellow lentils ( Soaked mung dal)
- 1 tbsp. clarified butter/ ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pink Salt according to taste.
Make the Soup
- Put 1 tbsp. of clarified butter in the pressure cooker and heat it a little.
- Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds to it.
- Then add chopped vegetables to it and sauté it for a while.
- Add washed rice to it. Let it mix up thoroughly.
- Then add 4 cups of water. Close the lid of the cooker and give one whistle. Open the lid, when the steam is released automatically
- At last, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves
- Enjoy any time of the day.
Split Mung Beans Khichdi Recipe