What Are Cloves?
Cloves are a bold and distinct spice that’s often found in our Kitchen. According to Ayurveda, there are many natural home Remedies, which we can prepare by using some easily available ingredients in our own kitchen. Clove or laung is one such spice, which is rich in antioxidants and antibacterial properties.
Clove flower buds are harvested in their immature state and then dried. Whole cloves are shaped like a small, reddish-brown spike, usually around 1 centimeter in length, with a bulbous top.
Clove, also called Lavang in Ayurveda, is most commonly known for its uses as a cooking spice and its presence in herbal teas.
Clove Oi is extracted from the flowers of the tropical clove plant, which has a pale yellow kind of a hue.
Cloves are a bold distinct spice, which is often found in the Kitchen. In our Kitchen, we can use, whole cloves and ground cloves.
People have been using essential oils for centuries to help with ailments, calming, skin therapy, aromatherapy, and so much more!
Clove oil is extremely rich in antioxidants and benefits your health in numerous other ways.
These kind of oils are also commonly used to help with anxiety, acne, dry skin, relaxation, and more!
I use whole cloves to make masala chai and Jarda(Sweet Rice) but I use clove oil a lot for last 14 years.
Question: Why to use Cloves Oil?
Answer: You can use clove oil for teeth problems and tight muscles.
Origin of Cloves
Originating in Indonesia, cloves are dried flower buds from the clove tree. They are a popular spice that people use in soups, sweet dishes; such as sweet rice(jarda) and kheer. They are native to the Maluku Islands (or Moluccas) in Indonesia, and are commonly used as a spice. Cloves are available throughout the year owing to different harvest seasons in different countries.
Their name comes from the Latin word clavus, which means nail since the shape of a dried clove resembles that of a nail.
The clove tree is an evergreen that grows up to 8–12 metres (26–39 ft.) tall, with large leaves and crimson flowers grouped in terminal clusters. The flower buds initially have a pale hue, gradually turn green, then transition to a bright red when ready for harvest.
Cloves are the unopened flower buds of the clove tree. An evergreen native to Indonesia and India that grows from eight to twelve meters in height, the clove tree produces flower buds in clusters that are pale in color at first, become green, and then bright red, when they are ready for harvesting. Dried cloves are brown, hard, and nail-like in shape.
Uses of Cloves
Cloves are a pungent spice found in savory dishes, desserts, and drinks. Ground or whole cloves flavor sauces, and especially in Kheer, Jarda. Cloves are often used in sweet dishes.
Question: How the Clove Oil is made?
Answer: Clove oil is produced by distilling the dried flower buds that are collected from the clove tree. Clove oil, is an essential oil extracted from the clove plant, Syzygium aromaticum.
Health Benefits of Clove Oil
Clove oil is commonly used in aromatherapy and for flavoring food and some medicines. Cloves have many health benefits; such as helping block the growth of bacteria. Same way enriched with many healing properties, clove oil has some amazing health benefits, which are written below:-
- Helps to Relax Joint Pain: When applied to the skin, clove oil stimulates the joints as well as the lymphatic and circulatory system, neutralizing the pain of throbbing nerves. This is the main reason why you tend to see it in dental care products.
- Clear Unwanted Thoughts: Simply sniffing cloves can help increase libido and clear your mind of unwanted thoughts
- Acne Treatment: Clove is filled with antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Clove oil contains a compound called as eugenol that helps in treating acne. It fights the acne bacteria and helps in reducing swelling and redness
- Relieve Toothaches & Pain -: Using clove oil for tooth aches helps to relieve dental pain & dry sockets for healthier teeth & gums. Clove oil essential oil is great as a natural tooth pain relief for adults & boosting overall health of the body.
- Use for a Variety of Uses & Applications: Simply add a few drops to your essential oil diffuser or humidifier for a wonderful aromatherapy experience
- Comforts Muscles: Use clove oil to massage your aching body. It relaxes the body, soothes stiffness in joints, and soreness in muscles. Clove oil has great potency to provide immediate relief to muscle cramps. I use clove oil, whenever my muscles are tight. Right away it relaxes the tight muscles. For example, I use for my tight shoulder, back pain and neck pain. Believe me it really helps in natural way.
- Skincare Benefits: The oil soothes itchiness and redness on the skin. How to use it? mix it with carrier oil and apply onto the itchy patches of the skin, but it will give very strong burning sensations in the beginning for couple of minutes. If you can tolerate these kind of sensations, then only apply, otherwise don’t apply
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products: Add a few drops of clove oil to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smell of homemade Clove products
- Add Flavor to your Food: Cloves contain fiber, vitamins, and minerals, so using whole or ground cloves to add flavor to your food can provide some important nutrients
- High in Antioxidants: Cloves are high in antioxidants, including eugenol, which can help reduce oxidative stress
- Kill Harmful Bacteria: Cloves have been shown to have antimicrobial properties, meaning they can help stop the growth of microorganisms like bacteria. Clove oil can be effective at stopping the growth of some types of bacteria
- Increase Digestive Fire: Clove is know as a stimulant and also is great for boosting the digestive fire, speeding up the metabolism, increasing circulation, and even awakening the mind
- Increase Agni: Cloves increase Agni without aggravating Pitta if used in moderation
- Remove Congestion: When you make a cup of hot tea with cloves and some other spices, it helps to remove congestion, phlegm, and mucus
- Relieve Inflammation: If pure oil is applied on affected area, it helps to Relieves pain and inflammation
- Strengthen Immune System: Cloves are rich in Vitamins A and C, and work as a strong antioxidant by strengthening the immune system
- Resolve Digestive Problems: Whole cloves help to resolve the digestive problem like, bloating, intestinal gas, nausea and stomach upset. It also helps to provide relief in heart burn, stomachache and acidity problems.
How to Use Cloves & Clove Oil?
There are many ways to apply clove oil to your skin if you want to use it for pain relief, wound healing, or even to ease itching. Cloves and clove oil can be used in treating a wide variety of ailments with very effective results.
- Clove Oil Massage: If you have neck pain, legs pain, back pain, shoulder pain, through my own experience, I’m telling just take pure clove oil in your hand and massage it where ever you have pain. It will warm up the place and you’ll feel difference in couple of minutes
- Clove Oil for Toothache: Dabbing clove oil onto your sore tooth can help to relieve the pain, which also I’m writing through my own experience. To use clove oil for toothache, just put some drops of pure clove oil on the clean cotton ball and apply with it on your sore tooth. Avoid touching to the tongue and gums and do not swallow it at all. It may take a few minutes of this natural application to feel relief. Clove oil contains the active ingredient eugenol, which is a natural anesthetic. It helps numb and reduce pain to ease a toothache. Eugenol also has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Personally I used this recipe unlimited times.
- Cloves Paste for Toothache: Make a paste out of ground cloves and add a few drops of olive oil. Apply this paste directly onto the tooth.
- Buy & Use: Always buy cloves whole and if you need grounded, then grind them with a coffee grinder before use, for maximum freshness
- A cup of warm chai(tea), which contains cloves 1-2, 1 inch ginger, green cardamom, Fennel seeds gives a soothing effect, when one has the common cold, flu, and upper respiratory diseases. How to make it? For one serving, take half cup water and put in saucepan. When the water is warm, put all spices and let it brew for a while, then add milk and let it boil. Strain it in a cup, put one orange peoke teabag and jaggery powder. Stir and drink warm.
Ayurvedic Properties of Cloves
- RASA (taste) mostly pungent & slightly bitter
- VIRYA (Energy) is cooling
- GUNA (Quality) Light, penetrating and oily
- Doshic Effect are: Reduce Kapha and Vata. Also reduce Pitta, but will increase with excessive use
Is there any side effects of clove oil?
1️⃣ Clove oil can cause skin irritation in some people. If you’re concerned about your sensitivity to clove oil, before applying it you can test it first. Just apply a small amount of clove oil to very little part of your arm. If you notice signs of skin irritation, For example- like redness, itching, or swelling, don’t use clove oil at all.
Here I’ll let you know that I’m using clove oil for last many many years, yes it give burning sensations, whenever I apply on any part of my body, but it goes in seconds, even I like that, because it produces heat, which give the comfort to any tight muscles.
2️⃣ Clove oil numb the mouth and tongue, so be cautious while applying clove oil for toothache
3️⃣ Cloves to use for Food: Cloves are considered balancing to all three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha), still it will increase Pitta (heat) when taken in excess. So don’t use a lot in any dish.
|My Teeth Story from Pain to No Pain & from Yellow Teeth to White Teeth|
Now I’m 56 years old by the time of writing this article(date December 10, 2020) I was married at the age of 22 and until then, I never went to dentist’s office, because I never had any teeth problem. But after my first delivery in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India(that day world record snow) my teeth started to pain and I had to extract my one tooth. But the problem with other all teeth was continue.
Often, I used to go for my teeth treatment to dental office and I went for almost 17 years.
Almost 12 years ago, I started to use clove oil for my teeth, because at that time my all teeth used to be so sensitive and with the clove oil, sensitivity was gone and I used to feel comfortable to eat my food properly. I used to use clove oil every day without skipping a single day and it helped me to stop going to dental office on daily basis. I used it for 7 years and then I came to know about banana peel.
3 years ago, I started to use banana skin and it is more easy to use rather than clove oil, because clove oil give some burning sensations, if it touched to tongue or somewhere else in the mouth. Every day at least once a day, even twice a day, I use banana peel to scrub my teeth.
How I whitened my yellow teeth with orange peel powder?
Now I’m using both, Orange peel powder twice a week and banana peel minimum once or even twice a day. If you want to learn to make Orange Peel Powder, >then Watch This Video.
How to use Banana Peel to whiten your teeth?
Take banana peel, which we through in the garbage bin and you can eat banana fruit in your fruit salad or make banana shake. There are two ways to use it:-
- In first Method: Take banana skin and from internal side, rub on your all teeth. Keep it in your mouth and chew it like we eat gum. Keep it as long as you can. Even I keep it for 15-20 minutes. You can do your any work, but no talking and don’t swallow it. When you can’t keep it, spit and clean your teeth with warm water. Instantly you’ll notice the difference and believe me your teeth will not only become white, but also they will become strong and all the sensitivity will go away
- In Second Method: Take banana skin and from internal side, rub on your all teeth. Now take your tooth brush, wet it and use any tooth paste; like Sensodyne toothpaste and brush your teeth like you normally do and then clean your teeth with water. You will see the difference.
With above both methods by rubbing your teeth with banana peel and when you rub it on around your teeth for at least couple of minutes and even keep it for a while, then the amazing minerals in the peel like potassium, magnesium and manganese absorb into your teeth and whiten them permanently, when you use it on daily basis.
From these two methods, you can use any, which is more convenient for you. I like the first one a lot and using it for last 3 years by the time of writing this post(date December 10, 2020)
How to use Orange Peel Powder to whiten your Teeth?
Orange peel Powder is also easy to use, but here you have to make it first and for that you have to do some efforts; such as-first collect some orange peels. You can eat orange as a fruit or make orange juice. Yes first wash oranges before eating or making juice of it.
Collect orange peels for two three days and dry them in the sun. When you think, they’re dry, then grind in the mixer and strain with strainer and fill this powder in tight jar to use it for 2-3 months. For me it is also not a problem, depends on your choice.
Yes, both ways are free to use and equally beneficial for the teeth to make them white and strong, which I’m saying after using it personally for more than three years and orange peel powder for over six months.
Where to Buy Clove Oil?
Clove oil can be purchased from most pharmacies, local grocery stores and also Online.? You can Buy Clove oil here.
Start building your immunity this winter by drinking detox green juice, eating fruit Salad, eating missi roti and using some spices; such as-Green Cardamom, Saunf, Ajwain and in very small amount Cloves in your daily diet.