I have so much believe in Nature and Nature cure, so of course I believe in Natural ingredients more in my daily diet.
Since I have changed my diet, I am always trying to find more healthy ways to prepare my food; such as healthy Green Juice, breakfast recipes, fruit salad for lunch, Khichdi or Veg Soup for dinner.
True be honest, I have never ate Soups and Khichdi on weekly basis, but now at the age of 57, I’m learning to eat more and more healthy diet and that’s what is the cause of my new learning experiences with new fresh and light food recipes.
Until at the age of 55, I used to eat twice a day Roti, Sabji, both times, morning and in dinner time.
But from the last 7 months by the time of writing this post(April 11, 2021) at least once to twice a week in dinner we eat Khichdi only with green chutney. Also from last two weeks, I started to make Quinoa Salad, Quinoa Khichdi, Ragi malt, and soup for dinner once a week.
Healthy recipes like this quinoa salad are actually now becoming some of my favorite. You just feel good after you eat them, because you get so much energy from these kind of recipes. Not only this, you’ll not feel heavy as you feel with Poori and Pakoras.
Which Ingredients needed to Prepare Quinoa Salad?
- Rinsed and cooked quinoa
- Water double than quinoa
- Beet root
- Sweet potato
- Red Pepper
- How to cook the quinoa? Rinse quinoa and then add double water than the quinoa amount in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water and it takes bout 15 minutes. You can reduce the heat as time goes on to maintain a gentle simmer. Remove from heat, cover with the lid and let the quinoa rest for couple of minutes, to give it time to fluff up.
- Now in pressure cooker put carrots, beet roots and sweet potatoes and add some water. Close the lid and give 3 whistles and when the steam released, open the lid and take out all three vegetables and put in the plate. Now peel beet root and sweet potato
- Take Red pepper and avocado. Wash and chop them. Also chop steamed vegetables-beet root, sweet potato and carrot. In a large bowl, Combine all the vegetables together
- When the quinoa is cool at the room temperature, add it into the big bowl and add all steamed and raw chopped vegetables in it. Toss until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for a day, but we recommend to prepare fresh, when you’re going to eat it
- We don’t recommend to add any salt into this Quinoa salad to keep it more healthy. Yes if you want, you can add home squeezed 1/2 lemon juice, which is optional.
How to Prepare White Quinoa?
- Take Quinoa according to the requirement of your family members
- Wash it in strainer
- Pour it in the saucepan
- Add double amount of water than quinoa
- Cook it on medium flame and then simmer, it takes approximately 15 minutes
- Let it stay by coving with the lid for few minutes
Serve The Quinoa Salad
Mix Vegetables Salad and cooked Quinoa, then serve it in the bowls and eat it. You can eat it in breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Benefits of Eating Quinoa Salad
- This quinoa salad is good for breakfast, lunch, dinner, picnics, and road trips
- Everybody can enjoy this quinoa salad, because it’s vegan/dairy free, and also nut free.
- This salad is really beautiful and so much colorful, because of added so many fresh vegetables in it
- This salad is good for get-togethers with friends and relatives
- This quinoa salad makes the perfect lunch and it’s a great way to eat lots of vegetables at once and you get a fair amount of protein from the quinoa
- It’s a cold quinoa salad so it’s deliciously refreshing too in al seasons, especially in summer season
- Kids love the pop of colors that these all vegetables add to this salad
- The most beautiful thing about this salad is that, we didn’t added, neither any sweetener nor even any spice
- No oil, no fry is involved in this salad
- This salad takes only couple of minutes to be prepared and the rewards are great