Basil is a common aromatic herb in the mint family, the same plant family as other Nutrient-dense, beneficial herbs, including mint, Oregano and Rosemary.
Basil, of course, is used to add flavor to a variety of recipes, but what may surprise you is the many benefits of basil, which make it well-known for its immunity-enhancing properties.
Basil extract, or basil essential oil, is proven to help prevent a wide range of health conditions, which makes it one of the best medical herbs known from centuries.
There are so many types of Basil available in the market. Basil is an important medicinal plant in various traditional and folk systems of medicines, such as those in Southeast Asia and India.
Health Benefits of Basil leaves
Anti Inflammatory: Basil and its strong anti-inflammatory properties can prove to be a cure to a variety of diseases and disorders.
The powerful essential oils, including eugenol, citronellol and linalool, help lower inflammation through their enzyme inhibiting properties.
The anti-inflammatory properties of basil may help lower risk of heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel conditions.
Consumption of basil could also soothe fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough and flu.
How to Make basil juice without juicer?
Do you want to Make your own Healthy Green Basil Juice, which is not only simple, easy to make, but also you can make it in Cents?
Even you have no Juicer, that is not a Problem, still you can make your Juice in any regular Blender.
Instructions are given Below
- You need fresh basil leaves 10-15 for one person
- One or 1/2 Lemon Juice squeezed at home
- Cold Tap Water or boiled water and then let it cool to room temperature.
Process to Make Basil Juice
- Wash your Blender and add everything together, water, Washed Basil fresh Leaves picked from the garden or bought from the market.
- Start blending everything together for almost two minutes
- Your Juice will be ready in 2 minutes
- Now add Black Salt according to taste and add squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh Green Juice or herbal juice that can be ready in 2 minutes only
Health Benefits of Drinking Basil Juice
- Drink when you are in rush
- Drink next morning when you eat heavy meals night time in parties or eat late nights
- It can replace your meals
- This Home made fresh Green Juice can make you look younger than your Real age, when you drink it continuously each morning.
- Make you full for at least two hours
- It is good when someone is feeling like vomiting or nausea
- Basil reduce inflammation and swelling
- Basil Contains Powerful Antioxidants.
- Basil is an Anti-inflammatory Herb.
- Basil Contains Natural Antibacterial Properties.
- Basil is pain reducer
- Basil contains antioxidant-rich volatile essential oils, which are considered hydrophobic.
- Basil contains disease fighting antioxidants
- Basil protects against harmful bacterial growth
- Basil promotes healthy blood pressure
- Basil balances Acid within the body
- Basil decreases harmful bacteria, which can cause disease
- Basil helps Alkalize the Body and helps to improve Digestion
- Basil Supports liver function and also helps Detoxify the Body naturally.
More Ways to use Basil in your Daily Diet
Basil herbal tea to Cure Cold Cough Sore Throat
Required Ingredients are:
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Little bit ginger(3-4 small pieces)
- One Cup Cold Water
- Turn your Stove on to high flame and in one saucepan pour water
- Add mint leaves, basil leaves and ginger slices
- Cover it with lid and let it boil for couple of minutes
- Tea is ready and if you want you can add Honey(optional) but no sugar
- Serve it hot and Enjoy