Groundnut or a monkey nut, which also called, Moongphali in Hindi, Verkadalai in Tamil, Verusenagapappu in Telugu, cinabadama in Bengali. These oval shaped nuts were perhaps one of the first few domesticated grain legumes by the mankind. ground nut oil was a regular for seasoning various recipes and even for deep frying.
In India, groundnut plant is grown in many tropical states, including Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan as well. Typically you can consume them raw or in their roasted form.
Groundnut oil contains iron, magnesium, copper, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, potassium, zinc and calcium. Cold pressed groundnut oil is best to buy. It is known as Kachi Ghani Tel in Hindi
2 Minutes High Energy Breakfast or Lunch Recipe
Groundnuts are our staple grab-on-go snack and it is one of those ingredients that can be transformed into yummy and healthy recipes. This is summer special Drink and this Refreshing Peanut lassi is really tasty.
This Lassi can replace your breakfast or lunch, because is is complete meal, which can make you full for couple of hours and that will help to lose weight Fast, if you have some extra pounds to lose.
It is simple and quick recipe that anybody can make it and from Kids to seniors, all ages can enjoy this healthy beverage in all seasons, especially great for summer season.
Recipe to Make Groundnut Energy Drink
Serving 2 persons
- Two spoons of Raw peanuts
- One spoon of Charmaz
- Around 10-12 Green or any other quality Raisins
- Raw honey, which is optional.
- Plain home made 3 spoon of yogurt
- One ripe banana with black spots on it, which is more tasty and beneficial for health
Preparation for the Energy Drink
- Soak peanuts, charmaz and Raisins for 2-3 hours in regular water
- After soaking, you can massage peanuts and take out the skin. Otherwise you can put as it is, which will also works fine
Make the Energy Drink
- Now in the blender Jug Put one glass of drinking water
- Put 3 spoons of plain yogurt
- Put raisins, charmaz and peanuts
- Put raw unpasteurized honey
- Peel the banana and break to put in the blender
- Blend everything for 2 minutes
- Serve right away and this drink is not only tasty, but also very filling and energetic. You should consume it, especially in the hot summer days instead sugary energy drinks
Question: Which types of peanuts are best to consume?
Answer: Raw peanuts are the most healthful variety.
Health Benefits of Groundnuts
Below are the Groundnut health benefits, which is why a handful of peanuts daily can give the body the much needed dose of daily nutrition.
- Ayurvedic Importance: peanuts found mention in the ayurvedic texts around 14th century for its ability to balance, heal and treat those health conditions, which are caused due to kapha and pitta doshas. The traditional medicine practitioners recommend peanuts for battling skin and hair conditions.
- Helps in Weight loss: Peanuts are a good mix of protein, fat and fiber to improve gut health and can keep you satiated for longer hours. These nuts provide instant energy, increase metabolic activity and prevent overeating. Peanuts are very filling and can be considered an effective component of a weight loss diet.
- Groundnut Oil: Groundnut oil in your daily diet to improve memory, lower the levels of LDL cholesterol, reduce weight, fight depression and maintain blood sugar levels.
- Reduce Bad Cholesterol: By incorporating peanuts in daily diet, can help to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and improves heart health. According to studies, groundnuts are a great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids and vitamin E, which helps in preventing the blockage in the arteries. The presence of a compound called Resveratrol in groundnuts helps in fighting heart problems.
- Peanuts are a good source of protein: The protein content ranges from 22–30% of its total calories, making peanuts a great source of plant-based protein. For a plant food, peanuts are an exceptionally good source of protein.
- Vitamins and minerals: Peanuts are an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals. These include biotin, copper, niacin, folate, manganese, vitamin E, thiamine, phosphorus, and magnesium. They are an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, and many key vitamins and minerals.
- Peanuts are an especially good source of healthful fats, protein, and fiber. They also contain plenty of potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, and B vitamins. Despite being high in calories, peanuts are nutrient-rich and low in carbohydrates.
- Peanuts are Good in Winter: Consuming groundnut is very beneficial for our health especially in winters. In winter you can eat unsalted roasted peanuts, Home made Peanut butter, peanut chikki etc.
- Raw Peanuts are Good in Summer: When we use raw peanuts after soaking couple of hours, it reduces it’s Pitta and then we can use in many types of shakes; such as; Banana peanut Lassi, Mango Peanut Lassi, Dates Peanut Lassi, Raisins Peanut Lassi etc.
- Helps to Boost Energy: Peanuts are a rich source of protein and fiber that assists in the conversion of carbohydrates into energy. The protein content of peanut is around 25% of its total calories. The fiber and protein combination in peanuts slows down the digestive process to facilitate a steady release of energy into the body.
- Loaded with Healthy Fats: peanuts or ‘moongfali’ as they are popularly known in India, are loaded with healthy fats and contain plenty of poly and monounsaturated fats. Peanuts are considered one of the highest sources of omega 6 fats that can help against a number of inflammatory diseases
Side Effects of Peanuts
- You may gain weight: Keep in mind that some people are allergic to peanut protein. There is the chance of side effects of eating Too Many Peanuts. Too much consumption can cause some side effects of peanuts from the high-calorie and fat content, toxins and anti-nutrients. One of the disadvantages of peanuts, despite their contribution to your overall health, is their high-calorie content. Calories can make a difference if you’re trying to manage your weight.
- Peanuts can cause high blood pressure: You should be very careful while buying roasted peanuts. Peanuts are naturally low in sodium, but eating salted peanuts or a peanut namkeen can alleviate blood pressure. Too much sodium in salted peanuts may pull water and fluids into your bloodstream, which help to increase high blood pressure.
- Peanuts can lead to stomach discomfort: Too much peanuts intake at one time may even lead to stomach discomfort. Constipation and bloating are common issues associated with excessive peanuts intake. So, it is recommended to take peanuts in moderate quantities if you are already suffering from stomach related issues.