Here in this Recipe you’ll learn to make tasty and healthy gravy recipe made with bottle gourd (Luki or Kaddu) and Bengal gram (Chana dal or split chickpea). This is vegan recipe.
This Dal(soup) is really tasty and healthy, because we’re adding bottle gourd to make it, which has so many health benefits.
Lauki Chana Dal is a simple nutritious curry made with bottle gourd and Bengal gram lentils.
This is a Punjabi style preparation for this curry made in a pressure cooker.
Soak your Chana dal at least for am hour. Quantity you can take according to family members. I soaked this Chana dal and I also soak all my vegetables for an hour or even more, so their impurities can go away.
I make this lauki chana dal in pressure cooker but you can also make in a Clay Pot to make it more healthy.
Lauki and Zucchini, are two healthy veggies which I always try to include in our diet as much as I can. There are many ways to use these Vegetables in your diet; such as I use Zucchini everyday in our Morning Detox Juice.
I also use Zucchini in our Missi Roti. Same way I make Missi Roti with Bottle gourd. By grating both these vegetables, we can add it in our flours( Sattu flour or any other flour and make the dough and then make missi roti from it.
What is Lauki?
Lauki is the Hindi name for Bottle Gourd, which is a popular vegetable in many countries. Lauki or dudhi (doodhi) in India; Cucuzza in Italy; Hulu or huzi in China; Bottle gourd, milk gourd, or calabash in English-speaking countries.
Bottle Gourd has high fiber content, and helps cure acidity, indigestion and constipation. Chana dal (split chickpeas or Bengal gram) is good for diabetics due to its low glycemic index. It is also rich in protein, which makes it a great addition to a vegetarian diet and when both are combined and cooked then you’ll get very tasty Ghiya Chana dal Sabji, Soup or Curry.
Health Benefits of Lauki or Bottle Gourd
- Bottle gourd contains a lot of water and that’s the reason it is considered a perfect thirst quencher. It also prevents fatigue, especially during summers.
- Lauki helps in reducing weight and by drinking it on a daily basis would help you reduce weight.
- Those People, who are suffering from constipation problem, can easily get rid of it by drinking a glass of lauki juice every day. If you don’t like the taste of it, you can drink Spinach Juice.
- Bottle gourd provides good amount of both soluble and insoluble fiber and water. It helps in digestion and related problems like constipation, flatulence and acidity. The insoluble fiber also helps in conditions like piles.
- Bottle gourd has cooling and calming ability due to its good water content. It is very helpful during summers and specially those who work under the hot sun as it has the ability to prevent heat strokes and recovers the water lost due to perspiration. It can be consumed in a juice form or cooked as a veggie.
- Bottle gourd is considered a perfect thirst quencher. It also prevents fatigue, especially during summers.
- Moreover, it is known to be an excellent cooling agent that detoxifies the body too
- Lauki Kofta Curry
- Zucchini Moong Dal
- Zucchini Sabji Recipe
This lauki chana dal curry can be served with plain Chapatis, plain Parathas and Rice
How to make lauki chana dal?
- Rinse and soak ¼ cup Chana dal (Bengal gram or split chickpea) for an hour. Then drain the the Chana dal and keep aside
- Switch on the stove and when the pressure cooker is hot, then add one spoon of Cumin Seeds and when they started to crack, then add one spoon of extra virgin olive oil and stir
- Now add the finely chopped one medium-sized onion, chopped garlic and chopped ginger. Sauté only for few seconds
- Add all the dry spice powders (¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ black pepper, 1/2 spoon of Oregano leaves and Pink Salt according to taste and Sauté for two seconds
- Now add soaked and drained Chana dal and stir. Add the chopped lauki/bottle gourd and stir. Pour water according the thickness you want to make of this Chana lauki soup and give 5 whistles
- When the steam released automatically, then open the lid and mash with the hand masher to combined both-Chana dal and bottle gourd
- Your Lauki Chana Dal is Ready. Now add chopped fresh Coriander. I added coriander, green onion leaves and chickpea leaves
Bottle Gourd Kofta Curry Recipe
Here in this Video Recipe of Lauki Kofta (Bottle-gourd Kofta Curry) you can watch Instructions and make tasty delicious Doodhi Kofta Curry.
Some kids don’t eat Kaddu or Lauki at all, but this Kofta Curry anybody can eat.
You must try this Simple Recipe by following all Instructions given in the Video and Enjoy it with your family.
Lauki Panjiri Recipe
Sometimes our Kids don’t eat Lauki, then we can make lauki ki panjiri, which is really delicious and healthy at the same time.
Best way to eat lauki is adding it in missi roti dough, second way to eat lauki by make lauki Sabji, third way to eat as a lauki kofta curry. But we can also make some sweet dishes with lauki. Such as lauki halwa, lauki kheer and lauki panjiri.