Eating healthy diet is the most imortant thing to make ourselves healthy include doing so many other positive things; such as Yoga, Meditation(Vipassana Meditation) walk etc.
By doing so many experiments in my own life and by doing so many other things for so many decades, I have seen through my own experience that everything plays a vital role to keep us fit physically and mentally.
I’m doing Yoga for last 20 years and got so many health benefits. I am also doing Vipassana Meditation for last 19 years and it changed my life in positive way.
But still there were some problems, which were still there; such as headaches, which also reduced than before, but still I was having and gastric problem. Legs problem was also there.
Around 9 years ago, I started to make changes in my diet and first of all, I stopped white sugar and instead of that, I started jaggery powder.
Second thing I changed, I started green juice in the morning and quit my morning tea.
Then slowly-slowly made so many other changes. Such as Missi Roti, stopped milk, stopped Yogurt, started quinoa salad, started sattvic khichdi. Now three days ago, I started Ragi Malt.
Overall I mean to say this only that, no doubt I got tremendous health benefits, from Vipassana Meditation, Yoga, positive thinking, making myself busy with my Home Business etc. But I’m getting more benefits by changing my diet. Such as eating more fruit salad, drinking green juice in the morning, quitting my morning tea and overall reducing caffeine in my daily diet plan.
You can buy millets in whole and ground( flour) You can use them in your daily diet by making; cookies, sheera, missi roti, plain paratha, Khichdi, millet salads. By adding these millets in your daily diet with fruits, salads, sabji, soups, and with the healthy life style, you can stay healthy.
What is Foxtail Millet?
Locally Known as: Kakum(Hindi), Navane(Kannada), Tenai(Tamil), Korra(Telugu)
Loaded with good calories, foxtail millets are a powerhouse of energy.
Foxtail millet is gluten-free. Therefore, it helps in improving digestion, increases energy level and helps in maintaining cholesterol levels.
Health Benefits of Foxtail Millets
Foxtail millet is one of the healthiest millet widely used in southern Indian states. To stay healthy, we can consume Millets and Quinoa Salad, Couscous Salad, Sativic Khichdi, Missi Roti etc, Green Juice.
- One of the most important functions of foxtail millet is maintaining good nervous health. Vitamin B1 supplements are prescribed to slow down the development of Alzheimer’s disease. 100 grams of cooked foxtail millets contain 0.59 mg of vitamin B1. Consuming them will help for Alzheimer’s patients. It also boosts concentration and memory power.
- Foxtail millet is a good source of Iron and Calcium. The deficiency of iron leads the muscle to lose the elasticity and tone and may cause anemia. For good bone health Calcium and Phosphorous plays a crucial role. It also helps in treating all kinds of inflammations in the bones. Arthritis, Spondylitis and other bone inflammations can be overcome by including foxtail millet in your diet.
- Foxtail Millet is rich in Vitamin B12 which is essential for maintaining a healthy heart, smooth functioning of the nervous system, and in general good for skin and hair growth.
- Foxtail Millet is rich in Vitamin B12 which is essential for, smooth functioning of the nervous system, and in general good for skin and hair growth.
- Anti-Ageing: By including this millet in your diet, you one can have a youthful-looking skin because the amino acids found in it help in the formation of collagen that helps in slowing appearance of wrinkles.
- Foxtail millets contain an amino acid called Tryptophan, which is responsible for its slow-digestive nature. Therefore consuming a reasonable amount of foxtail millet can result in weight loss
- In comparison with regular white rice, foxtail millets are rich in fiber and help regulate sugar and cholesterol levels in the body.
One thought on “How to Make Foxtail millet Salad”
I found your blog web site on google and check a few of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Seeking forward to studying more from you in a while!…