Hello dear friends around the world!
I hope all of you are doing really great, after all we have Summer here in Canada and this is the only time, when we go out and enjoy the weather.
Not only this, if we want to grow something, again in summer only we can grow some vegetables, herbs and flowers. Like every year, I do my best to grow as much as I can in my backyard Garden.
If your Backyard is really big, then you can grow many Vegetables and for that, you need gloves, special gardening tools and also Gardening Shoes. But my backyard is not that big and it is seven years, when we bought this home.
When we bought this home, there was very little space to grow vegetables and flowers and rest in half was lawn and in half was Patio.
Because I love to grow Vegetables, so now I made so much more space to grow more herbs, Perennials and Vegetables. My both sons helped me to make the space bigger for growing Vegetables.
This year, most of the Part is Perennial Shrubs and only few annual plants are there in my Backyard Garden, because Perennials come back each year.
Why to Grow Perennials?
- They Offer an enormous Variety of Colors, texture and form
- They save your time and Money, because most of them they come back each year with more growth and big roots, so this way you not only save your time, but also save money by planting these hassle-free plants
- Most beautiful perennial flowers are perfect for any Garden—either small or big and either front Garden or in Backyard Garden
- When these Plants establish, they need very little attention and give you a blossoming backyard, which can increase the Resale Value of your Home.
Which Herbs do I have in my Backyard Garden in 2023?
- Onion Chives
- Green Chili
- Methi Leaves
- Mustard Leaves
- Chickpea Leaves
25 April 2023 Backyard Garden
Why not use the space to grow something? so we can eat fresh, straight from the garden. These vegetables are so fresh, because they come from the Backyard Garden straight to our Kitchen. These Vegetables, herbs and fruits taste much better than those, which we buy from the market.
Today in this video I’ve shown you my Backyard Garden, which can inspire all of you to grow something, wherever you have land or even in Grow bags as well.
I have grown in perennials; some vegetables: such as-Bell pepper, Green chilies, oregano, thymes, Rosemary, green onions, Tomatoes, eggplants, chickpeas, peas, coriander, methi, spinach, basil, potatoes and some flowers. In perennials: I have so many variety of Shrubs; such as-Hibiscus, Geranium and so many more.
Even you don’t have space, still you can grow something; such as in grow bags, Plastic containers and also in empty bins etc.
In my opinion, we should use Grow bags, because they are environment friendly. Grow Bags are good, because These grow bags provide excellent aeration and good air permeability, can offer enough space for roots to breath and effectively avoid root swirling, promote a healthy root ball.
Have you ever eaten Vegetables and fruits from Your own backyard?
If yes, then for sure you know the difference of taste between from the Grocery Store and from your own Garden.
There are so many benefits of growing your own fruits and Vegetables that are given below:
The Benefits of Backyard Gardening
- Eat Fresh and Healthy: The vitamin and nutrient levels in fruits and vegetables are more, when they come straight from the Garden to your Kitchen, because nowadays the fruits and vegetable, which we Buy, most of them come from many other Countries and it takes a long time to reach to us and of course they are not fresh, when we Buy them
- Kids learn about Vegetables and Family Hobby: When our Kids saw us growing our Herbs in our own Garden, they learn about them and they start eating them. Gardening is a fun and family friendly activity, which allow kids to get their hands dirty and learn where their food come from
- More tasty and Delicious: Home grown Vegetables are more tasty and delicious rather than buying from the Market. Their skin is so Soft that you don’t have to even peel them
- Enjoy and feel Confident: When you grow your own Fruits and Vegetables, you feel good and Confident by growing them successfully
- Save your Money and Time: Growing your own Vegetables can Save your Money, if not, because there are some expenses to grow your own Food; for example-Soil, Water, Seeds and Seedlings. Comparatively buying from the Market it gives you many other Benefits; for example: you don’t have to go to Gym, because when you work in the Garden; for example- digging and pulling out weeds, growing, harvesting, watering. There is much physical work, which is good Physical exercise and also free. I love it.
- Sun Bath: When we work early morning in the Garden, we can have a Sun bath at the same time, while doing work for our Garden and that is so good for us according to Ayurveda
- Free from Pesticides: Growing your own fruits and vegetables can offer you the opportunity to reduce the amount of pesticides or no Pesticides at all as I don’t use any Pesticide in my Garden, but use only Homemade Pesticide to Control Bugs
- Sense of Appreciation: When you grow plants and Vegetables, then your friends and relatives, which come to your Home, they like your Garden and appreciate your hard work and especially when you give fruits and vegetables to them, they love it. Yesterday my neighbor told me, the sag (Mustard leaves) that I gave to her from my backyard garden, she said it was really tasty. She asked do I have more?
- New Interests: Really believe me, since I’m planting some vegetables and when they produce fruits and flowers, I feel like I’m blessed with a lot of Luck of having them and Enjoy eating and seeing them
- Growing food is Simple and Easy: Yes there should be some kind of interest, then only you can work in the Garden, otherwise it is Simple and Easy, anybody can learn by doing it
- Make your Yard Inviting: Vegetable and fruit garden can add life, Color and Beauty to your Backyard. The smell of beautiful flowers and the sight of crisp Cucumbers are a warm invitation to people and pollinators alike.
Gardening Important Tools to Buy from Amazon
NORTY – Womens Ankle Rain Boots – Ladies Waterproof Winter Spring Garden Boot
- Boot opening measures approximately 12″ around
- GARDEN BOOTS FOR WOMEN: Made of high-quality, hard-working material, this ankle-cut style shrugs off rain, mud, and snow to keep your feet warm, dry, and comfortable in all wet-weather situations. Great for gardening, walking, and working outside.
- NATURAL RUBBER CONSTRUCTION: When the wetness tries to sneak in, our cute rain shoes shut it out with a highly water-resistant, built-to-last design. They also have a rugged, chunky, and deep tread to keep you steady in slippery conditions.
- WATER-RESISTANT: A soft cotton lining inside these low rubber work boots keeps your feet cozy while resisting uncomfortable chafing. Features a flex band on each side for a snug feel and a pull tab on the back so they are easy to get on and off.
- RUNS A HALF-SIZE LARGER: With extra room for thick socks, these ankle rain boots keep feet warm on colder than cold days. They have ample support and come in a range of fun prints and colors that brighten up gloomy days. The opening is about 12″.
- NORTY: Founded in 1947, we are a 4th generation family business dedicated to bringing you the most desired styles at the best possible pricing. Norty takes pride in our products created through in-house design and extensive sourcing capabilities.
OIZEN Leather Tough Cowhide Work Gardening Gloves for Women Thorn Proof, Working Gloves, Gardening Gifts for Women
- 【Durable and Long-lasting】Gardening gloves are made of carefully selected grain cowhide to ensure abrasion resistance,which is not only thick but also soft and flexible with moderate oil resistance, puncture resistance and cut resistance. The back of the hand is made of elastic, breathable and sweat-absorbing material, which can keep our hands dry and easily complete all works in the garden.
- 【Flexibility】The ergonomic design around the palm and fingers has excellent grip performance, allowing you to easily grip your garden tools. This work gloves will be definitely the most enjoyable garden gloves for women.
- 【Thicken Design】The palms have excellent grip and provide ultimate protection against scratches or cuts when planting vegetables or flowers since the thicken design.
- 【Wide Application】Suitable for all kinds of gardening work, daily work,weeding, pruning, branch cleaning and picking. Also suitable for furniture repair, fence painting, fishing, daily work, regular construction, logistic, warehousing, forest, ranching, landscaping, hand tools.
Solid. Safety Goggles | Protective Eyewear Lenses | Safety Glasses for wearing Over Prescription Glasses | Clear Lens
- DESIGNED TO FIT YOU – The goggles’ soft rubber sealing molds perfectly to the shape of any face, eye protection from all sides. Smartly aligned ventilation slots, which are covered by the lens, ensure good airflow and prevent flying particles from entering the inside of the goggles. An adjustable headband provides individual and firm fit.
- SOLID. RETINA EDGE COATED LENSES – Due to the special coating, our protective eyewear is highly scratch resistant, will not fog up and protects against harmful UV rays. Our Safety Goggles are certified according to US ANSI Z87+ and German DIN EN 166 & EN 170.
- MOST COMFORTABLE – Ultimate wearing comfort is created by a soft rubber sealing, so say goodbye to painful pressure points. Safety goggles over glasses that combine complete protection with a panoramic view – protection from all sides without limitations!
- BEST MATERIALS, BEST CHOICE – Say goodbye to chemical odors and skin irritations! We only use skin-pleasing, skin-neutral substances. Meaning, the anti fog, anti scratch lens give perfect protection and next-to-skin comfort.
PERWIN Hori Hori Garden Knife, Garden Tools with Sheath for Weeding,Planting,Digging, 7″ Stainless Steel Blade with Cutting Edge
- Wonderfully Versatile: Hori Hori garden knife for every job in the garden, use it for digging, transplanting, sawing, cutting, removing, dividing, and even measuring soil depth for planting.
- Multifunction Blade: Features a sharp edge for slicing and a serrated edge for cutting tough roots. The curved blade and depth measurement in inches make planting a breeze. The cord-cutting edge also acts as a bottle opener. With so many uses, this knife is a good pick for a range of outdoor activities, including gardening, fishing, and camping.
- Premium Material: Full length 12.1 inches, 7 inches blade. Made of high-grade stainless steel with rust-proof blades that extend into a full tang for superb strength. The garden knife is sturdy and will hold up under intense work.
- Full Tang Wood Handle: The full tang wood handle is ergonomically designed to provide an incredible grip that can save effort while laboring. Three metal rivets reinforced the blade securely in place, making it safer to use without worrying about bending or breaking.
- Protect Sheath: A protective sheath with a belt loop protects the knife and can also be hung on your belt for easy use. The top of the handle has a hanging hole so that you can hang it in your garage or tool room for easy storage.
Fiskars Gardening Tools: Bypass Pruning Shears, Sharp Precision-ground Steel Blade, 5/8” Plant Clippers
- Quality Garden Tools: Designed to help you cultivate a better garden, Fiskars garden and yard tools are equipped with smart technologies and award-winning, ergonomic features that make it easier and more enjoyable to transform your outdoor space.
- Maximum power and precision: All-steel blade stays sharp longer; Rust-resistant, low-friction coating helps glide through wood; Self-cleaning sap groove keeps blades from sticking; Non-slip grip handle and easy-open lock make control and storage easy
- Long-lasting and reliable: All-steel design provides excellent durability for lasting value. Fiskars pruning shears and tools are built to last and backed by a full lifetime warranty.
- Ideal for a variety of pruning tasks: Works well for trimming bonsai tree branches, cutting flower stems, maintaining your herb garden, and more to encourage overall plant health and appearance.
- Includes 1 Fiskars Manual Bypass Pruners measuring 5.5” long. Makes clean cuts on stems and light branches up to 5/8″ in diameter.
- 🌈 10pcs Premium Gardening Tools: Our gardening tools can meet most gardening needs. The garden tool set have saw, snips, trowels, weeder, rake and fork which are use for loosening soil, weeding, cutting trees and branches, digging and tranplanting.
- 🌈 Durable: The gardening tools makes with thick stainless steel, sharp, stronger and harder to bend or break.
- 🌈 Humanized Design: Ergonomically design gardening tools have soft handle, non-slip, comfortable, not easy to fatigue to use the tools with or without gloves.
- 🌈 Anti-Rust & Easy to Clean: The storage bags can be hand washed and machine washed. There is a hole in the handle of each tool for easy hanging and not easy to rust design. Just wash them with water and hang it up!
- 🌈 Portable Storage Bags: Thick textile fabric, fixing elastic loop and multi-pocket design, practical, simple and stylish. There is space left in the bag to hold your other tools, such as spray bottle, plant labels, seeds and ect.
- Reduce Hand Strain: These micro tip snips are built spring-loaded so that they automatically push themselves open without you having to do the work, which greatly reduces hand fatigue and makes these snips great for those with arthritis, carpal tunnel, hand or wrist issues; Comfortable “grip” handles will make it easy to work for long-time use without making you feel hand pain
- Ultra Sharp Blades: These quality snips come with stainless steel precision-sharpened blades and are ready to tackle all of your deadheading, trimming, and shaping jobs for your roses, annuals, vegetable, bonsai and small-flower gardens
- Secure, Easy to Lock: These micro tip snips feature a safe and secure sideways locking mechanism that keeps your blades protected and closed when not in use; The design of these pruning snips are perfect to use whether you are right or left handed with ease
- Make Precise Cuts: With these micro tip snips, you can easily get between plants to “clip and snip” only the area or part that you want to cut with one-hand, while not damaging the other vital stems and branches of your other plants; Note: Clean blades after each use
- Applications: Trimming trees and flowers, cutting papers, opening boxes and so on.
- 4-blade reel mower with a cutting width of 14” and durable 8.5” polymer wheels for maximum maneuverability. Lightweight at only 19 pounds. Reel Lawn Mowers are great for small lawns.
- This push lawn mower has an adjustable blade height of 0.5”-1.75”. Capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall and is less effective on taller grass.
- Manual grass cutter is environment-friendly alternative to other lawn mowers. This push mower is pollution-free, noise-free, low maintenance, lightweight and easy to use.
- A reel mower uses a cutting action that does not bruise or damage the blades of grass. For best results using a reel push mower, mow no more than 1/3 of the grass blade, so that the roots stay intact.
- Increase the amount of overlap while using your push mower if your lawn reaches a height of 4 inches or more. It’s better to mow smaller amounts more frequently than it is to let the grass get long. Try not reel mower when the grass is wet.